Digilocks: what are they and how can i install them?
What is a digilock?
A digilock is an electronic lock that offers a keyless solution to the security of a room or belonging. They are relatively inexpensive (with prices ranging from £25-£90 per lock) and are easy to install. They are commonly used as an easy method of security in schools, homes and the workplace.
What are the benefits of using a digilock?
- No need for keys- meaning that you can always access the room.
- Increased security- you need to have knowledge of the combination to open.
- More practical than keys if lots of people need access to a room ( saves having to distribute large amounts of keys and keep track of who has them).
- Can be used indoors and outdoors.
- Unlike with key locks that need to be changed in the event of a security breach, digilocks need only have the combination changed.