How to clean toys
Since they’re the items most commonly used by children- often in creative and messy ways, regular cleaning of toys helps ensure better health, safety and even just the aesthetics in your home.
1. Dolls + figures
- Leave the doll in a solution of soapy water overnight,
- Use a cotton bud dipped in a solution of warm water and dish soap to clean any dirt from the doll.
- Place the doll’s hair in a dilute mixture of fabric softener and brush the hair with a toothbrush.
- Use toothpicks to remove dirt from corners/ folds in the doll.
*This is only advisable for basic, toy dolls- for advice on how to clean antique dolls click here.
- Place your teddy in a laundry bag.
- Check the label for washing instructions.
- Use fabric softener for a softer, delicate feel.
- Air dry – we advise not to use a dryer.
- Place some hand sanitiser on a cotton bud.
- Use the cotton bud to remove any dirt or pen marks off the lego. This shouldn’t damage any features on the lego.
- Wipe with a dry cloth.